Are you looking for the best growth hacking tools?
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a small business, or an eCommerce website, growth hacking can help you skyrocket your digital marketing efforts, reach your target audience, and boost your conversion rates.
In this article, we’ll share the best growth hacking tools for every stage of the customer journey, so you can turn interested website visitors into paying customers.
What Is Growth Hacking?
Growth hacking is a type of marketing strategy that only focuses on growth.
It started when startups and small businesses found they couldn’t compete with bigger brands because they lacked huge marketing budgets. Instead, they found creative methods to grow their businesses fast and, as a result, called themselves Growth Hackers.
Despite sounding easy, growth hacking can be challenging, involving many steps. We call this the growth hacking funnel, and it helps you visualize every stage of the customer journey, from discovering your brand and buying your goods to referring new customers. You can imagine it as a funnel with the widest point at the top and the narrowest at the bottom.
Here’s an overview of the different growth hacking funnel stages:
- Acquisition – Attracting new subscribers and customers
- Activation – Encouraging customers to use or buy your products or services
- Retention – Keeping customers engaged with your brand
- Revenue – Generating sales from your website
- Referral – Getting existing customers to refer new customers
Luckily there are many cost-effective tools that can help you at every stage.
What Are Growth Hacking Tools?
Growth hacking tools are products and services that help you reach your marketing goals. They address different stages of your sales and marketing funnel and offer functionality that makes reaching your goals easier.
Here are a few examples of the growth hacking tools available and how they help small businesses:
- Email marketing tools help with the customer retention stage
- Content marketing tools help with brand awareness and education
- Affiliate marketing tools help you earn money from your website
- Outreach tools help with customer acquisition and nurturing
- Social media marketing tools help with brand awareness
With the right growth hacking tools, you’ll get maximum results for your business with minimum spending.
Best Growth Hacking Tools and WordPress Plugins
To kickstart your growth marketing efforts, we’ve listed the top growth hacking and automation tools and plugins below. And to make it even easier, we’ve categorized them by where they fit in your growth hacking funnel.
- Lead Generation Tools
- 1. RafflePress
- 2. SeedProd
- 3. OptinMonster
- 4. TrustPulse
- 5. MonsterInsights
- 6. All in One SEO
- 7. WPForms
- Tools for Increasing Conversions
- 9. Smash Balloon
- Tools for Retaining Customers
- 11. PushEngage
- 13. Hotjar
- Tools for Making Money from Your Website
- 14. AffiliateWP
- 16. WP Simple Pay
- Bonus Tools to Grow Your Business
You may also find that you can use some of these tools in multiple stages of your funnel.
Let’s start with the best growth hacking tools for growing your email list and generating business leads.
Lead Generation Growth Hacking Tools
RafflePress is the best WordPress giveaway plugin on the market. Its visual drag-and-drop giveaway builder lets you build successful giveaway and contest campaigns in minutes.
Contests and giveaway promotions are fantastic ways to get your audience to share content about your brand and encourage other interested consumers to sign up. As a result, you can grow your subscribers and followers on social networks and drive more traffic to your website quickly.
RafflePress lets you create engaging contests that participants can enter with a single click. You can also ask contestants to share your campaign on different social media channels to earn more chances to win.
For example, the Refer-a-Friend action lets you require users to share your giveaway in a social media post to qualify. The more they share your giveaway, the more likely they will entice other people to enter.
This tool integrates with all popular social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, and more. It also offers giveaway actions for Twitch streamers, YouTubers, bloggers, podcasters, and many other industries.
- 100% mobile-friendly design
- Goal-based giveaway templates
- Bonus actions for more social engagement
- Success tracking and retargeting
- Built-in giveaway winner picker
- Distraction-free giveaway landing pages
- Spam protection
- Popular email marketing integrations
Pricing: Starts from $39.50 per year.
SeedProd is the top website builder for WordPress. It lets you build high-converting landing pages and flexible WordPress layouts that allow you to capture leads and increase conversions without writing a single line of code.
With its drag-and-drop landing page builder, anyone can create dedicated pages for different marketing campaigns to convince and convert visitors. For example, after clicking a Facebook ad, users can see a personalized landing page with an offer tailored to their needs.
You can get started with a premade landing page template, then use customizable WordPress blocks to tweak your design until it’s perfect. The best part is you can see your changes in real-time.
But that’s not all.
This powerful page builder plugin also includes a Theme Builder where you can build a custom WordPress theme from scratch. That way, you can kickstart your inbound marketing with stunning pre-made blog pages, product pages, and even coming soon pages without hiring a developer.
SeedProd is a lightweight page builder with minimal bloat, so it won’t slow down your WordPress site. It also works seamlessly with other WordPress plugins, themes, and email marketing providers.
- Create landing pages that convert in minutes
- Built-in WordPress theme builder
- 180+ Website Kits and landing page templates
- Coming soon and maintenance mode
- Custom login and 404 pages
- Customizable call-to-action buttons
- WooCommerce support
- Countless elements, including dynamic progress bars, countdown timers, and more.
- Email marketing and Zapier integrations
Pricing: Starts from $39.50 per year.
OptinMonster is a popular lead generation, customer acquisition, and conversion optimization tool for any type of business. It lets you create multiple marketing campaigns, including popups, slide-ins, floating bars, and full-screen welcome mats to generate leads and customers.
With countless professional templates, getting started takes minutes. Plus, its user-friendly drag-and-drop builder lets you customize any template to suit your digital marketing needs.
This popular SaaS tool offers powerful targeting options allowing you to show your campaigns to the right people at the right time. For example, you can set one campaign to target new visitors, another for returning visitors, and others that trigger when visitors take a specific action.
Moreover, you can retain website visitors with OptinMonster’s Exit Intent® technology. It detects visitors leaving your website, triggering an exit popup campaign prompting them to subscribe or checkout with a discount before leaving.
Overall, it’s a tool proven to drive growth by helping you collect leads, subscribers, and customers.
- User-friendly automated campaigns
- Multiple campaign types with customizable templates
- Integrates with popular services like Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- Offers A/B testing and campaign analytics
- Targeting features help reduce cart and browser abandonment
Pricing: Starts from $9 per month.
Alternative: Thrive Leads is a great substitution for OptinMonster.
TrustPulse is among the best social proof apps and another top growth hacking tool for your business. It helps you build confidence and trust with your website visitors and uses the fear of missing out (FOMO) to boost conversions.
TrustPulse works by capturing activity on your web pages, such as new signups and recent sales. It then shows that activity in small non-intrusive popup notifications on your website.
When site visitors see that other consumers trust your brand, they’re more likely to take action to avoid missing the opportunity.
TrustPulse offers 4 different campaign types for recent site activity:
- Recent Activity: Show a live stream of activity like purchases, signups, and registrations
- On-Fire: Display how many people are taking action in a given time period to boost urgency
- Visitor Analytics: Showcase interest in your site by displaying genuine page visits over time.
- Action Message: Create a static notification to highlight information or drive users to take action.
- Display recent activity, statistics, and static messages to improve trust
- Targeting rules help to display popups at the right time
- Customization options to enhance user experience
- Track website activity in real-time
- Works seamlessly with popular website platforms
Pricing: Starts from $5 per month.
Alternative: Thrive Ovation
We’re suggesting this Google Analytics plugin because you need first to know your audience to achieve real business growth. Once you know your target audience and where they come from online, you can tailor your marketing strategy to match what interests them best.
MonsterInsights analyzes your website data and turns it into easy-to-read in-app reports. As a result, you’ll get actionable metrics, data, and insights about how your audience uses your website inside your WordPress dashboard.
It also lets you improve your content and marketing campaign performance, helping you learn which works best.
- Learn how your website visitors behave
- Real-time data and analytics
- Universal website tracking across devices
- Enhanced eCommerce tracking and reports
- Form conversion tracking
- Integrates with popular WordPress plugins and services
Pricing: Starts from $99.50 per year.
Alternative: Some growth hackers also use Mixpanel for product analytics.
All in One SEO is the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress. It helps you improve search engine optimization (SEO) on your website by optimizing posts and pages to meet search engine best practices.
By improving your search engine rankings, you can drive free organic traffic to your site without paying for expensive ad campaigns. And with tools like All in One SEO, it’s super easy.
This SEO plugin has excellent usability features. You can enable recommended SEO settings in a few clicks and optimize every page and post you publish on your site.
Moreover, it offers specific settings for local, WooCommerce, and image SEO, helping your site rank in search engines in no time. In the end, you’ll get more website traffic and visibility for your business.
- Automatic SEO site audit
- Keyword optimization and readability suggestions
- Advanced SEO modules and rich snippets schema markup
- Built-in social media sharing SEO
- Local SEO and Google Maps support
- WooCommerce SEO for eCommerce sites
- Internal linking functionality
Pricing: Starts from $49.60 per year. There is also a free version available.
WPForms is the best contact form plugin and form builder for your growth hacking toolkit. It lets you create many different types of forms, including contact, registration, payment, and survey forms, in minutes.
Online forms are a fantastic way to connect with customers to answer sales questions and help them with purchase decisions. They can also help you gather customer data and consumer feedback to make improvements that satisfy your audience.
WPForms offers hundreds of pre-made templates, and its drag-and-drop form builder makes it easy to build forms with a few clicks. You can embed forms anywhere on your WordPress site, including posts, pages, footers, and sidebars.
This powerful plugin is more than a simple form builder.
For instance, you can use its conditional logic feature to ask follow-up questions based on the website user’s form response. Alternatively, you can transform generic forms into conversational forms that keep users engaged to the end.
- 100% mobile-responsive design
- Easy drag-and-drop form builder
- Spam protection features
- Automatic form notifications
- Manage leads in one place
- Integrations for popular CRM and payment providers like Hubspot, Stripe, and more.
Pricing: Starts from $39.50 per year.
SEMrush is an excellent growth hacking tool for SEO research. It also offers powerful features for analyzing your paid traffic channels and managing your social media posting schedules.
You can use SEMRush to research keywords for your website content, track the rankings of specific content, and analyze your competitors. For example, with the Keyword Gap tool, you can compare your website to several competitors to see which keyword opportunities you’re missing.
SEMRush lets you analyze website backlinks, schedule posts across different social media channels, and check your on-page SEO for specific keywords.
- Track keyword rankings
- Perform keyword research
- Discover top content on social media
- Analyze backlinks and fix broken links
- Schedule content on social media
- Analyze competitors
Pricing: Starts from $119.95 per month.
Tools For Increasing Conversions
Smash Balloon has the best suite of social media feed plugins for WordPress. They make it easy to add social media feeds to your website so you can keep your site fresh with new social content automatically.
Most consumers rely on social media to learn if a brand is trustworthy. If you have a growing social media presence, you can use one of SmashBalloon’s feed plugins to display it on your website to boost engagement and conversions.
As you post new content to your social media channels, Smash Balloon will automatically fetch and add it to your website. This saves you from manually updating your site whenever you post something on social media.
Smash Balloon offers dedicated social media feed plugins for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. You can also combine your social content onto a single page with its Social Wall plugin.
- User-friendly social media feeds that update automatically
- Easy visual feed builder
- Pre-made feed layouts
- Fast and lightweight, so it won’t slow down your site
- SEO and mobile-friendly
- Highlight likes, comments, shares, and reactions
- Display subscribe or follow buttons to grow your social media followers
Pricing: Starts from $49 per year.
10. Advanced Coupons
Advanced Coupons is the best WooCommerce Coupon plugin on the market. It’s a valuable growth hacking tool that lets you offer discounts and deals to customers to incentivize them to purchase your products or services.
With this plugin, you can extend the WooCommerce coupon feature to market your store more effectively. For example, you can increase sales through buy-one-get-one deals, shipping coupons, loyalty programs, and more.
Each coupon is super easy to set up, with rules you can apply to coupons automatically under certain cart conditions. You can even schedule coupons to go live on particular sales periods.
- Easy setup in 2 mins
- Extend your existing coupons
- Assign cart conditions and coupon rules
- Customers can apply coupons with 1 click
- Multi-currency and multi-lingual support
Pricing: Starts from $59.50 per year.
Growth Hacking Tools for Retaining Customers
With this user-friendly growth hacking tool, you can send alerts and notifications to subscribers that appear in their web browser (like Chrome or Firefox). You can use these notifications to tell your audience about sales, new blog posts, price drops, and other newsworthy content.
If a user hasn’t finished checking out, you can also remind them about their abandoned cart so they can complete their purchase. You can also create automatic and scheduled campaigns to keep customers engaged and nurture relationships.
Since push notifications bring visitors back to your site, they’re an effective way to grow your subscribers. All users need to do is allow browser notifications, and they won’t need to enter personal contact details.
- Create push notifications to bring users back to your website
- Trigger notifications by user actions like cart abandonment
- Alert subscribers about sales and new content
- Send inventory alerts to boost sales
Pricing: PushEngage is free for up to 2,500 subscribers a month. Paid plans start from $9 per month.
12. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is a popular and easy-to-use email marketing provider for businesses of all sizes. It lets you manage your email contacts and includes marketing automation tools to help grow your subscribers and engage your audience.
With this powerful tool, you can create email newsletters or send targeted email campaigns to engage your contacts and drive traffic to your website. You can also schedule emails and trigger specific campaigns based on the subscriber’s behavior and actions.
Since Constant Contact is easy to set up and use, it’s a fantastic option for beginners. Plus, it works with many marketing automation tools so setting up automatic workflows is effortless.
- Send branded emails campaigns to your contacts
- Customize your emails with the drag-and-drop editor
- Mobile-friendly email designs that adapt to all devices
- Get more leads with support for Facebook and Instagram ads
Pricing: Starts at $9.99 per month, with the pricing based on the number of contacts on your list.
Constant Contact Alternatives: You might also like Drip for your email marketing campaigns.
Hotjar is a popular heatmap tool for growth hackers. It lets you see how website visitors interact with your site via visual heat maps.
Even if you follow the best strategies for marketing your site, it’s hard to tell what visitors do when they get there. For instance, where are they clicking, and when do they get bored and leave your site?
With Hotjar, you can see what visitors are doing on your website. You can see where they spend the most time, where they click, and when they leave. With these insights, you can learn where visitors are the most engaged and add conversion elements in that area to encourage them to convert.
Hotjar can also show where there is less engagement. That way, you can improve your content and marketing strategy to generate better results.
- Understand consumer behavior visually
- Collect feedback from website visitors
- Spot problems with your user experience
- GDPR and CCPA ready
Pricing: Starts from $32 per month.
Hotjar Alternatives: You might also like Crazy Egg for heat mapping.
Tools for Making Money from Your Website
This WordPress growth hacking tool lets you have an unlimited number of affiliates and unlimited creatives for the effective promotion of your website, products, or services. It also offers advanced affiliate and referral tracking to track referral links, coupon codes, custom landing pages, direct link tracking, and more.
Affiliate programs are easy to create and customize with hooks, filters, templates, and REST API. It also has 1-click WooCommerce integration and many other integrations for eCommerce and form plugins.
With these powerful features, making money with your affiliate program is easier than ever.
- Advanced affiliate tracking
- Custom affiliate dashboard
- 1-click payouts for affiliates
- Affiliate growth tools
- Detailed affiliate reports
- Fraud detection
Pricing: Starts from $149.50 per year.
Easy Digital Downloads is the best digital downloads plugin for WordPress. It lets you sell online digital products like ebooks, PDFs, images, videos, and other digital content from your WordPress website.
With this money-making tool, you can password-protect product files, use reCaptcha to prevent spam, and track various statistics, such as user IP and the date and time customers purchase your files.
Easy Digital Downloads is easy for beginners and offers a dedicated customer management dashboard for tracking purchases. It also works with popular payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe for a hassle-free customer buying experience.
- Advanced file protection for digital downloads
- Offer discount codes and coupons
- Analytics and data reporting dashboard
- Payment gateway and email marketing integrations
Pricing: Starts from $99 per year.
16. WP Simple Pay
If you’re looking for a more straightforward solution to make money from your WordPress site, WP Simple Pay is an excellent choice. It’s the best WordPress Stripe payments plugin, allowing you to accept payments from customers using the Stripe payment gateway.
This growth hacking tool is ideal for beginners because it offers payment form templates, requires zero coding, and adapts seamlessly across mobile devices. Plus, you can easily set up recurring payments, create payment forms, and allow your customers to pay directly from their bank accounts.
WP Simple Pay is an excellent solution if you want to sell products from your website but don’t need all the features of a complete eCommerce platform.
- Easy and secure payment processing
- 100% mobile-friendly
- Built-in payment form builder and templates
- Create coupon codes in WordPress
- Accept payments directly from bank accounts
Pricing: Starts from $49.50 per year.
Bonus Growth Hacking Tools to Grow Your Business
Given that there are so many growth hacking tools for eager business owners, it’s impossible to include them all on this list. We consider the tools above best for WordPress website owners and beginners.
However, you may also like to consider the following bonus growth hacking tools we love:
- Live Chat: easily add live chatbots to your website to engage customers and close sales.
- MemberPress: create membership programs in WordPress to make money from your website.
- Salesforce: manage customer relationships, and optimize your sales team’s workflow to boost revenue.
- Customer.io: let your marketing teams send push notifications, SMS messages, emails, and in-app messages to customers.
- Buffer: schedule your social media posts for multiple marketing channels to publish at a set time.
There you have it!
This post aims to help you find the top growth hacking tools for your business. Hopefully, you’ve found yours!
You may also like these valuable guides on growing your business:
- Promote Your Instagram Business for Free (9 Tips)
- Market Your Business on TikTok (9+ Tactics)
- 7+ Ebook Marketing Tips to Try Today