10 Free Gleam Alternatives for WordPress Contests
Are you looking for the best free Gleam alternatives for running an online contest?
Creating and running a giveaway is one of the easiest ways to grow your subscribers, social media followers, and boost your online business growth. Plus, there are a host of free giveaway tools to help you achieve success.
Chances are you’ve heard of Gleam, a popular online contest tool, but it’s not the only solution on the market. That’s why in this article, we’ll share the best Gleam free alternatives for creating WordPress contests.
Here’s a summary of all the free giveaway tools on this list. Click any link to jump to the description and see all features:
Best Gleam Free Alternatives for WordPress
If you’re looking for the top free Gleam alternatives for WordPress, you’re in the right place. The following solutions are all must-have giveaway tools with either a free version or free trial to give you a head start.
That being said, to create a successful free online giveaway, take a look at these tools:
1. RafflePress: Best Free Gleam Alternative
RafflePress is the best free WordPress giveaway plugin on the market. It makes it easy to create any type of contest right inside WordPress in just a few minutes.
Not only is it an excellent free Gleam alternative, but it also offers tons of features you can use to drive your business growth without spending a thing.
RafflePress Lite Features
- Easy drag and drop giveaway builder to create successful giveaways in minutes.
- Free giveaway template to get up and running quickly.
- Giveaway rules generator template helps create a simple set of rules.
- Fraud protection to prevent spam and fraudulent entries.
- Lightning-fast giveaway widgets help your site’s SEO and speed to improve conversion rates.
- Automatic contest start and end times.
- 100% mobile responsive to adapt to all screen sizes.
- The free WordPress plugin makes it easy to run contests directly in WordPress.
As you can see, without spending any money, RafflePress has everything you need to create and launch your giveaway in WordPress in no time at all.
However, when you upgrade to the pro version, you can take advantage of all the following advanced features.
RafflePress Pro Features
- Goal-based viral giveaway templates to grow your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels, as well as grow your email list, website traffic, and more.
- Create standalone giveaway landing pages to remove distractions and boost entries.
- Custom backgrounds and design options to make your contest stand out.
- Viral refer-a-friend sharing options to leverage word-of-mouth marketing for more traffic, followers, and engagement.
- Verified bonus actions allow participants to earn more entries by following you on social media.
- Integration with popular email marketing services to help grow your email list and get more subscribers.
- 1-click random winner generator to choose a winner at random.
- Maximize your conversions with advanced success tracking and retargeting.
With RafflePress, you can use your website visitors to refer more visitors, and they all get the chance to win something, which benefits everyone.
Why not check out some RafflePress reviews yourself and see why this free online contest software is the top choice for smart business owners. Alternatively, check out our comparison of Rafflecopter vs Gleam vs RafflePress here.
RafflePress has a fully functional free version with everything you need to get started. Then you can upgrade to the pro version, which starts at $39.20/year.
Where WPForms excels as a viable Gleam alternative is with the ready-made contest entry form template. This helps you to create a quick online contest in just a few seconds.
- Use the easy contest entry form to boost visitor engagement and brand awareness.
- Easily customize your contest entry form with the drag and drop form builder.
- The contest form template includes an entry rules section to keep your giveaway compliant.
- Collect entry data such as names, email addresses, telephone numbers to add to your email marketing service, CRM, or WordPress database.
Check out our WPForms review for more in-depth details.
WPForms has a free version you can use to get a feel for how things work. However, to take advantage of contest entry form templates, you’ll need to upgrade to pro, which starts at $199.50/year.
Wishpond isn’t just a popular giveaway platform for small businesses; it’s also a functional marketing platform that can handle various marketing needs.
For some businesses, Wishpond might be too big to use as a free Gleam alternative, but it’s still worth exploring if your company needs this type of advanced solution, coupled with a wide range of marketing tools.
- Modern and straightforward interface for building giveaways and social media promotions.
- Integrates with over 300+ email marketing platforms, payment processors, CRMs, and more.
- Includes various social media competitions such as photo caption contests, Instagram hashtag contests, video contests, etc.
The pricing for Wishpond starts at $49 per month billed annually; however, you can create a free online giveaway during the 14-day free trial.
Woorise is a popular online giveaway tool that gives you the ability to create free online contests. It includes several features in its free plan, such as pre-made layouts, 1-click giveaway winner selection, CSV data export, fraud detection, and more.
That said, you can only access the more advanced features by upgrading to one of the paid plans.
- Responsive giveaway templates.
- Drag and drop contest builder is easy to use.
- Track your contest data with analytics reports.
- Create quizzes, polls, and surveys.
- Social sharing giveaway action buttons for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other social networks.
- Email marketing integration options.
- Priority email and chat support.
As mentioned above, Woorise has a free plan. Yet, to access the best features, including integrations and email notifications, pricing starts at $49 per month per site.
AgoraPulse is a social media management platform, offering a complete CRM, Facebook apps, and an analytics suite. The reason behind its inclusion on this list is its Facebook contest feature, which is entirely free to use.
AgoraPulse calls this feature a Facebook Timeline Contest or Facebook Timeline App. With the app, you can access the following features.
AgoraPulse Facebook Contest Features
- Create several types of contests, including photo contests and quizzes.
- Filter your contest by likes, comments, or shares.
- Sweepstakes for users who like and/or comment on a post.
- Randomly choose a giveaway winner.
This giveaway tool is relatively limited; however, it could be useful if you’re primarily running Facebook contests.
The AgoraPulse Facebook Timeline Contest app is free. To take advantage of its’ advanced marketing tools, the pricing starts at $79 per month, billed annually.
Easypromos is a complete promotional platform that helps you manage digital and social promotions across various social media networks. It includes multiple different online contest types, including direct giveaways, quizzes, games, coupons, and more.
Since it’s easy to use and offers various features, it’s a great alternative to Gleam.
- Exclusive giveaway contests for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Allows the use of surveys and polls to create engaging giveaways.
- Mobile responsive widgets and design.
- Combine apps to create tailor-made campaigns.
- Mobile friendly and 100% responsive.
The pricing for Easypromos starts at $29/month (billed annually). You can create 1 free online giveaway.
ShortStack is another popular Gleam alternative on this list. It’s an all-in-one contesting platform that makes it easy to create an online giveaway in minutes.
This digital marketing platform is great for engaging your audience, lead generation, and marketing automation without worrying about coding.
- Create unlimited giveaway campaigns and emails.
- Run photo contests, sweepstakes, essay contests, and more.
- Automatically select a giveaway winner.
- Create giveaway landing pages.
- Choose from a variety of pre-built giveaway themes.
- Contest design customization options.
- Repeat entry and fraud protection.
You can try ShortStack for as long as you like for free, limited to 20 entries, and 100 views per 30 Days.
However, to access advanced features and more entries, the pricing starts at $99 per month.
KingSumo is another free Gleam alternative for WordPress website owners. Created by the team behind AppSumo, this giveaway tool was initially developed for the companies’ internal use. However, after seeing success with the app, they released it for everyone.
If you like you can check out our comparison of RafflePress vs KingSumo here.
- Create unlimited giveaways in minutes
- Email and social media integrations
- Facebook pixel tracking
- Custom giveaway branding
- Customer support
The pricing for the KingSumo web app is free. To unlock Facebook pixel tracking and custom branding, it costs $19 per month, billed annually.
KingSumo also offers a WordPress plugin license that costs $198.
Woobox is a 100% free WordPress contest plugin that makes for an excellent Gleam alternative. It’s a great tool for running giveaways on different social media networks such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. And with the drag and drop contest builder, you can get set up in minutes.
- Integrate with over 500 tools such as MailChimp etc.
- Collect likes, comments, hashtags, and more on social media.
- Add your contest anywhere in WordPress with embed codes.
- Choose from several customizable giveaway templates.
- Drive more traffic and entries with dedicated landing pages.
- Easily choose winners with the winner picker tool.
Woobox is a free WordPress plugin for up to 100 participants per month. For advanced features, the pricing starts at $37 per month.
Rafflecopter is a simple giveaway web app that makes it easy to run online contests on any website. It comes with basic free options, including Facebook, Twitter, form entry options, and a flash giveaway Facebook app, making it a useful Gleam alternative.
Many of the advanced features required to run a successful contest are only available in the paid version; however, if all you need is a simple online contest solution, this is a good choice.
- Unlimited giveaways and entries
- Instant random winner selection
- Various social media entry options
- Email marketing integrations (paid plan)
- Viral referral options (paid plan)
- Terms and conditions template
Rafflecopter is a free gleam alternative. For viral refer a friend entries, email integrations, and more, the paid plans start at $43 per month.
Which Is The Best Gleam Free Alternative?
After considering all of the solutions in this article, our top pick for the best Gleam free alternative is RafflePress.
RafflePress is 100% free and offers the most comprehensive features of all the options on this list. This WordPress giveaway plugin isn’t just an add-on to a more extensive product; it’s entirely dedicated to running successful WordPress giveaways.
To top it off, RafflePress is insanely easy to use, even for beginners, and is the most affordable solution for upgrading to premium, costing as little as $4 per month.
So what are you waiting for?