10+ Best Free Social Media Contest Tools 2021 (Compared)
Do you want to grow your social media followers, email subscribers, and website traffic? If so, running an online contest is the easiest way to get the attention you need.
Yet, picking the best tool to run social media contests is challenging. More so when there are hundreds of WordPress giveaway plugins to choose from.
In this article, we’ll compare the best free social media contest tools for viral giveaways online. With these plugins, you can build popular giveaways to drive your business growth.
Before we start, why should you run a viral social media contest for your small business?
Why Run a Viral Social Media Contest?
Running a giveaway contest is an excellent solution for boosting your business success online. If you’re interested in learning why you should be running a social media contest, take a look at the following benefits:
- Boost social media followers: By asking users to follow your social media profiles in exchange for giveaway entries, you can quickly grow your social media followers.
- Drive traffic to your website: By encouraging entrants to share your giveaway on multiple platforms, you can send more traffic to your website.
- Grow your email subscribers: Getting users to subscribe to your newsletter in return for giveaway entries can quickly grow your email list.
- Increase brand awareness: You can ask users to refer friends to your contest, which boosts your business awareness.
- Generate leads to drive sales: You can use contests and giveaways for lead generation and convert leads into customers and sales.
Now that you know how effective social media contests are for improving your business let’s check out the best free social media giveaway tools.
Best Free Social Media Contest Tools
The social media contest tools below have everything you need to make your next giveaway a viral success. They also work seamlessly with WordPress websites.
1. RafflePress – Best Social Media Contest Tool
RafflePress is the top free social media contest tool and the best WordPress giveaway plugin. It comes with scores of features designed to help you run contests easily, even if you only use the free version.
With the drag and drop giveaway builder and goal-based giveaway templates, it’s easy to design stunning giveaways that boost your website’s performance.
The random winner generator makes picking a winner randomly and displaying it in the contest widget a breeze. Plus, it has a built-in giveaway rules generator to keep your giveaway compliant.
With RafflePress, you can run sweepstakes, photo contests to collect user-generated content, video contests, and more. Almost all entry methods are 1-click and offer the option to verify entries.
Here are some of the top features of the RafflePress free version:
- Gorgeous free giveaway templates
- Drag and drop visual giveaway builder
- Mobile responsive giveaway widget
- The builder and widget are optimized for SEO
- Integrates with major social media platforms
- Automate contest start and end times
- Prevent fraudulent entries with anti-spam and fraud protection
Upgrading to the pro version of RafflePress unlocks even more powerful features to level up your giveaway performance.
The pro plan of RafflePress includes:
- Integration with popular email marketing services and CRM
- Customization and design options for giveaways
- Build a distraction-free giveaway landing page
- Go viral with the refer-a-friend social sharing giveaway action
- Extra giveaway templates for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Allow entrants to login to your contest via Facebook or Twitter
Woorise is a popular free social media contest tool for creating free online giveaways. It has various features in the free plan, including premade giveaway layouts, 1-click winner selection, giveaway analytics, fraud detection, and more.
To access more advanced features, you’ll need to use one of the paid plans. The paid version of Woorise offers these features:
- Drag and drop giveaway builder
- Responsive giveaway templates
- Polls, quizzes, and surveys functionality
- Run giveaways in specific regions with country restrictions
- Email marketing integration
- Giveaway analytics reports to track contest data
- Social buttons and viral sharing options
Agorapulse is a social media management tool with CRM, an analytics suite, and Facebook apps. Despite being more suited for managing and scheduling social media, it also offers a free Facebook contest app, which is why we included it in this list.
With Agorapulse’s Facebook contest app, you can:
- Create several different contest types, including quizzes, and photo contests
- Filter contest entries by likes, shares, or comments
- Select a random winner automatically
- Automate various giveaway processes (such as, see which entry has the most likes)
This free social media contest tool is limited. However, if you’re only creating Facebook contests, it’s a good choice.
Shortstack is a social media and email marketing tool that allows you to create giveaways online. It has a full suite of features with everything you need to create, launch, and control contests on your website.
The most stand-out free features offered by Shortstack include:
- Unlimited giveaway and email campaigns
- Collect entries through forms
- Run sweepstakes, contests, giveaways, quizzes, essay contests, and more
- Create contest landing pages
- Built-in giveaway themes
- Various customization options
- Repeat entry and fraud protection
- Automatic winner selection
With Shortstack’s free trial, you can accept up to 20 entries and 100 views per 30 days. Paid plans start at $99 per month.
Woobox is a 100% free social media contest tool and makes it easy to create online contests for your brand. With its drag and drop builder, you can create contests for several social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, quickly and easily.
What makes Woobox even more attractive are its other robust features, which include:
- Giveaway landing pages
- Embed giveaways anywhere online with copy and paste embed codes
- Collect likes, comments, and hashtags on social media
- Customizable contest templates
- Instant wins
- Giveaway winner picker tool
- Create unlimited giveaway campaigns
- Mobile responsive design
Wishpond is a social media marketing platform with the ability to manage email marketing, online forms, landing pages, and automate your marketing campaigns. It also offers a social media contest and social promotions service.
With the social contests and promotions tool, you can:
- Create 12 different types of social media contest
- Integrate with marketing tools like Zapier, Shopify, and email providers
- Take advantage of an easy to use interface
Wishpond offers a 14-day free trial, which is a fair amount of time to see if it suits your needs. Paid plans start at $49 per month.
KingSumo is another free social media contest tool. AppSumo created it as an internal company tool. Yet, after seeing success, they released it for everyone. The free version of KingSumo includes unlimited giveaways, social media sharing, and giveaway embed codes.
However, the paid version offers extra features like:
- Facebook pixel tracking
- Custom branding
- Zapier integration
- Customer support
Easypromos is a popular social media contest tool with the most contest types on this list. The contest types are combined into 5 categories: giveaways, contests, quizzes, games, coupons, and codes. This allows you to create complex giveaways on multiple social media platforms and your business website.
With Easypromos, you can also enjoy these features:
- Mobile-friendly design and widgets
- Detailed reports to check your contest performance
- Reduce fraudulent giveaway entries
- Combine over 30 apps for tailor-made campaigns
- Multilingual promotions
While Easypromos doesn’t have a free version, it offers 2 months free on their annual plans. Alternatively, you can pay for promotions individually.
Gleam is a marketing platform with several tools to grow your business. One of these tools is their Competitions app, which allows you to create social media contests for your brand. The app is easy to use and offers all the right features for running successful giveaway contests.
The free version of Gleam’s competitions app includes the following features:
- Drag and drop contest builder to customize your design
- Show the giveaway winner in the contest widget
- Automatic verification of social media accounts
- Add your giveaway to your website, Facebook page, or custom landing page
- Separate WordPress plugin for adding contests to WordPress
- Mobile responsive giveaway widget
Pagemodo is another free social media marketing tool designed to promote your Facebook page. You can use it to engage your fans with exciting Facebook contests and sweepstakes with its handy app.
The Pagemodo contests app includes the following features:
- Create easy social media contests with no coding required
- Random winner selection
- Easily track your contest’s performance with insights
- Share giveaways on multiple social channels
- Run giveaways that comply with Facebook’s giveaway rules
You can try Pagemodo for free to see if it’s a good fit for your business.
Rafflecopter is another popular free social media contest tool. It allows you to create and launch your giveaway in minutes with no coding required. The free plan has almost everything you need to get started. However, to take advantage of email integration, you’ll need to upgrade to the grow plan.
The free version of Rafflecopter includes the following features:
- Unlimited giveaways and entries
- Automatic random winner selection
- Facebook page tab
- Facebook and Twitter entry options
- Standard entry form design
- Mobile responsive widget
Which Is the Best Social Media Contest Tool?
After comparing the tools on this list, we’ve concluded that RafflePress is the best social media giveaway tool.
RafflePress is 100% free, has tons of powerful features, and is so easy to use, you can create social media giveaways in an instant. Since it’s designed primarily for use on WordPress websites, it’ll work seamlessly with your WordPress themes and plugins.
If you want advanced viral sharing features and more, you can get started with RafflePress Pro here!
There you have it!
We hope this article helped you find the best free social media contest tools for your business. If you like, you can check out the best WordPress plugins to grow your business.