Are you looking for the best coming soon WordPress plugin for your website?
Creating a WordPress coming soon page is a great way to build excitement for your website’s launch, start building an email list, and get a head start on ranking in search engines.
In this post, we’ll share the best coming soon WordPress plugins and how to choose one for your WordPress website.
What Is a Coming Soon Page Plugin?
A coming soon page plugin is a WordPress plugin that lets you add an under-construction page to your site.
That type of landing page shows a user-friendly message telling visitors your site is launching soon. And users can often sign up for email notifications to learn when your website goes live.
Many coming soon pages include several other elements to engage website visitors and convince them to return on launch day like:
- Site launch countdown timers
- Short welcome videos
- Frequently asked questions
- Reviews and testimonials
- Social sharing buttons
But it’s important not to confuse coming soon pages with maintenance pages. While maintenance pages are similar, it’s best only to use them when making minor updates to your WordPress site.
You can learn the difference between coming soon vs. maintenance mode here.
How to Choose the Best Coming Soon Plugin
When you’re choosing a coming soon WordPress plugin, there are a few critical things you should keep in mind. To help you choose the best plugin for your needs, here is a quick overview of what to look for:
- Ease of use – You’ll need a coming soon plugin that’s easy to use for beginners. As a result, you can get started quickly without much of a learning curve.
- Visual editor – Look for a coming soon page solution with a visual drag and drop builder – especially if you don’t have any design skills. Visual editors let you build your coming soon page without writing code, so they’re perfect non-techy users.
- Customization – It’s essential to customize your coming soon page to stand out. The plugin you choose should have easy customization options, premade templates, and the ability to make your design unique.
- Lead generation – Chances are you’ll want to start growing your email list with the launch of your new site. So look for plugins that have built-in optin forms, contact forms, and other lead generation tools.
- Integration – Make sure the coming soon plugin you pick integrates with popular email marketing services and works seamlessly with your WordPress theme and plugins.
Moreover, any plugin you install on your WordPress site should be lightweight and bloat-free. That way, your website should maintain fast page loading speeds.
9 Best Coming Soon WordPress Plugins
Now that you know what a coming soon page is and what to look for in a coming soon plugin, it’s time to move on. Below you’ll find the best coming soon WordPress plugins available today.
If you need a WordPress maintenance mode plugin to go with your coming soon plugin, look no further.
SeedProd is the best WordPress page builder with both coming soon and maintenance mode functionality. It lets you create any type of landing page on your WordPress site and includes 1-click page modes for:
- Coming soon
- Maintenance mode
As a result, you can create pages for any mode and turn them on and off with a single click. You can also use SeedProd to create sales, squeeze, thank you, and even webinar registration pages.
This plugin comes with 150+ pre-made templates you can customize in the drag-and-drop builder. And with tons of different blocks, you can add a whole variety of lead generation elements to your page without writing code.
With SeedProd, you can build a stunning coming soon page for your site and start ranking in search engines right away.
- 150+ premium landing page templates
- Every page is 100% mobile responsive
- Use countdown timers to show when your site will launch
- Customize your page with background images, video backgrounds, color schemes, and font themes
- Built-in sign up forms to collect email addresses from your target audience
- Integrates with popular email marketing services like Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc
- Works with any WordPress theme seamlessly
- Automatically hide your site when coming soon pages are active
- Use powerful access controls to choose who sees your website under construction
SeedProd offers a 100% free version. The premium version starts from $79 per year with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Divi is a popular WordPress theme and page builder plugin that works as a coming soon WordPress plugin. You can use it to create a coming soon page, maintenance mode page, or any other page with its drag-and-drop editor.
It comes with various features, premade templates, and all designs are mobile-friendly, so they adapt to any screen size.
- Offers 40+ content modules, including buttons, countdown timers, and email optins
- Customize any part of your coming soon page and see the changes in real-time
- 8 coming soon page templates you can import and customize
- Various customization options to make your page unique
Divi doesn’t offer a free version, but the Pro version starts from $89/year or a $249 one-time payment.
Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode is a freemium WordPress plugin that lets you create a coming soon or maintenance page for your website. It includes various features like adding background images and videos to make your page more engaging.
Even though it isn’t as feature-rich as some other plugins on this list, this coming soon WordPress plugin is a great way to add a simple coming soon page to WordPress.
- Easy to install and use
- Works with all versions of WordPress
- Use custom branding for your page
- Connect with various social media profiles
- Video sliders and backgrounds (pro version)
- Subscription form to collect emails (pro version)
Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode Pricing:
You can get the basic version of this plugin for free. The pro version starts from $14.
WP Maintenance Mode is a free coming soon WordPress plugin. This plugin allows you to easily add a coming soon page and a maintenance mode page to your WordPress site.
After creating your page, anyone with admin rights can access any page on your site, including the front end. And other visitors will see your landing page.
- Includes essential features like countdown timers and signup forms
- Visual customizer to edit colors, text, backgrounds, etc
- Compatible with various WordPress Themes
- GDPR ready and support for WordPress multisite installations
WP Maintenance Mode Pricing:
This plugin is free.
CMP is another free coming soon and maintenance mode plugin. And any WordPress user can navigate this plugin easily without facing a steep learning curve.
You’ll find that this plugin works seamlessly with popular WordPress themes. Plus, you can activate the coming soon and maintenance mode with just one click.
- Use video backgrounds, patterns, color gradients, and sliders to customize your page
- Show social media icons to attract more followers
- Add Google Analytics code to track your website’s traffic
- Includes a custom subscription form to collect leads
You can get started with this plugin for free.
Minimal Coming Soon and Maintenance is a free and paid WordPress plugin. It lets you set up a coming soon or maintenance page quickly and easily.
This simple and flexible plugin works with any WordPress plugin or theme. And it offers complete control over your design with its live frontend editor.
- Modify any part of your page, including the background, cover image, colors, and fonts
- Add custom CSS code to customize your page further
- Use subscription boxes and connect to email marketing providers
- Various pre-built customizable templates (premium version)
Minimal Coming Soon and Maintenance Pricing:
You can get started with this plugin for free or access advanced options with the pro version starting from $79.
Under Construction is a handy WordPress coming soon plugin that lets you add a quick under construction page to your website. It takes minutes to configure and offers a selection of templates to make the process even faster.
- Quickly tun under construction mode on or off
- Automatically disable under construction mode on a set date
- Enable tracking with Google Analytics
- Add social links for various social media networks
Under Construction Pricing:
You can get started with this plugin for free. But for email integration and more advanced features, pricing starts from $69 (lifetime pricing).
Like many of the plugins on this list, Nifty is a coming soon and maintenance plugin in one tidy package. It’s easy to use and lets you set up a coming soon page in a few minutes.
In addition, this plugin includes mobile-friendly pages, so everything loads perfectly on any screen size or mobile device.
- Choose from 300+ Google fonts
- Includes a slider and solid background colors
- Add a Mailchimp subscription form
- Use countdown timers for urgency
- Preview your page in different browsers and screen sizes
This plugin is free to download.
As the name suggests, Simple Maintenance is a lightweight plugin that lets you add a simple maintenance page to your WordPress site. So if you need a solid maintenance mode plugin without any extra bells and whistles, this plugin is ideal.
Simple Maintenance uses the HTML5 layout so that users can see your maintenance page from mobile devices. All you need to do is activate the plugin, and maintenance is enabled automatically.
- Easy to manage and activate
- Responsive and adapts to any screen size
- Clean HTML and CSS layout
Simple Maintenance Pricing:
You can get started with this plugin for free.
Which Coming Soon WordPress Plugin is Best?
After looking at the features of the plugins in this post, it’s clear that SeedProd is the best coming soon WordPress plugin on the market.
It comes with tons of useful features, offers hundreds of responsive templates, and allows you to customize your WordPress coming soon page however you like. Moreover, you can use this plugin to create any landing page in WordPress and generate leads and sales for your business.
But the best part is you don’t need any coding knowledge.
We hope this article helped you choose the best coming soon WordPress plugins or your website. You can also use a coming soon page to promote your podcast, so check out that guide to learn even more tips.