Facebook Login Setup
To allow the user to sign up for a giveaway with Facebook, follow the steps below to get started.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/, then click on My Apps at the top right.
- Click Create App then select Consumers as the app type.
- Add the required Display Name and Contact Email. Then, click Create App ID.
- After creating the app, copy your App ID at the top of the page.
- Go to the giveaway’s Settings > Setup > Social Logins panel, turn on the Allow Logging In with Facebook option. Then, paste the App ID (copied in Step 5) into the Facebook App ID (required) input box.
- On your Facebook for Developers page, click the Set Up button within the Facebook Login app product item.
- Select App Review > Permissions and Features on the left panel and find the “public_profile” permission in the list.
- Click the Request Advanced Access button, check the required agreement box in the confirmation popup/modal box. Then, click the Confirm button.
- Don’t forget to switch your App Mode to Live!
Here is a few Facebook Developer documentation with important details on releasing your Facebook app for use on a live/production site.
- That’s it! Your users will be able to log in with their Facebook account.